California Has Lowest Work Injury Rate in 10 Years

  • By:dialassociates
  • 0 Comment

According to the recently released 2016 report conducted by the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, California work injury and illness rates continued to drop to the lowest in over ten years. The rate decreased from 3.8 injuries and illnesses per 100 full-time employees in 2015 to 3.7 in 2016.

Breaking down the numbers

The private sector had 78% of the total 466,000 nonfatal workplace injuries and illnesses in 2016. State and local government accounted for the remaining 22%.

The group that faces the highest rates of injury and sickness are new hires and inexperienced workers. In 2016, 29% of days away from work injuries in California’s private industry were among workers with less than a year on the job.

The private industries with the highest rates of occupational injury were natural resources and mining and construction. This category includes the state’s large agriculture industry. California’s other industries that had a higher rate of workplace injuries than the national average were trade and transportation, leisure and hospitality, other services (which includes waste management, temp agencies, janitorial), and education and health services.

The most common kinds of injuries were sprains, strains, and tears. Second most frequent were soreness and pain, and third were slips, trips, and falls. The biggest cause of days away from work injuries were bodily reaction and overexertion.

We’re here to help

At Dial & Associates we have the experience you want if you are injured as a result of a work related injury, illness, or fall. When we handle your workers’ compensation case you don’t have to worry about paying us out of pocket because we get paid as a part of your benefits when your claim is resolved. We can explain the specifics of paying for our services when we meet to discuss your case.

To make things even easier for you, we offer free, no obligation consultations to all of potential workers’ compensation claimants. This means you can call us, speak with one of the members of our team and get answers to your questions before you decide to hire us. Call us today at (714) 279-8055 to discuss your case and learn about your options after a fall at work.

We are located in Orange County and handle workers’ compensation cases throughout Southern California including, Los Angeles, San Bernardino, San Diego and Riverside counties. We offer free, no obligation consultations and are available to answer your questions and help you understand the workers’ compensation process whenever you need us.

Posted in: Accident News


No Responses to “California Has Lowest Work Injury Rate in 10 Years”

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply